Dear Subscribers, fans and readers,
For co-owner of Race Magazine, Jim Stevenson and I, recent changes in personal circumstances means both of us have the need to spend more time with family, as we have been hit with the perfect storm of circumstance. As a result we have decided to step back from involvement in Race Magazine to do just that.
We will print Race Magazine to the end of this year, which will be issue 44, and will try with all our efforts to find a new owner for Race Magazine for 2016 and beyond.
That’s right; the entire operation is up for sale.
Neither I nor Jim wishes to take money for a product we cannot guarantee that we can supply in 2016, because we are uncertain of the future of Race Magazine. This means that we will not be accepting any re-subscriptions from this point. However, we can accept one-off payments for the final issue ($8.80) if your re-subscription is now due. Please order these through our website – www.racemagazine.com.au
If you are a subscriber with outstanding issues beyond issue number 44, rest assured that Jim Stevenson and I will guarantee a full refund of any outstanding amount, should a new owner not be found.
We are also loading digital copies of back issues on the website, with a nominal pricing of $20 a year. We are loading the copies starting with Issue 35, and will put a fresh one up every month. If you have purchased a subscription through the website, you already have access to it. Take a look! Postal subscribers will need to create a log-in on the website, and then email us so we can enable access.
In the past twelve months, we have had new contributors join us, the website has gone from a static page to a dynamic e-store, blog and platform for ad and subscriber management. It’s only in the past few weeks the latter has been fully sorted out. What we aren’t very good at is asking for money, so where the magazine and website really need to have a decent number of advertisers to support the operation, we have barely touched on it. The potential here is huge, but we have run out of time.
Both Neil and Jim do want to thank you for your support. Subscribers such as yourself have ensured Race Magazine’s survival over the past 11 years. You have made numerous suggestions that have improved what we do, and the encouragement from many of you has been very much appreciated.
In a nutshell:
- Race Magazine, probably the only independent car magazine left that operates at a profit, is for sale,
- Issue 44 will be the last print issue of Race Magazine until a buyer is found,
- The back issues will still be available for purchase from the website,
- Digital versions of the back issues will be available by subscription on the website, and will be loaded with one issue a month until they are all on there,
- We are also in the process of loading back issues onto Apple Newsstand,
- The website and facebook will still be active and will have regular articles and updates as always,
- There is still huge potential here as there is a lot of advertising capacity that is unutilised,
- We love what we have built, and the people that we interact with so we will endeavour to see that it continues!
Should you, or someone you know, wish to take the wheel of Race Magazine, please contact us at any time. Details of Race Magazine‘s sale and any developments in this regards will be posted on Race Magazine’s website, Facebook and LinkedIn pages in a few days time.